Monday, January 6, 2014

Call Me Butter - I'm On a Roll...

This fell in my lap, again from cruising eBay.

Like the fabric, the idea of first day covers for seed packets hadn't entered my mind.   I first saw some nice, but "normal" covers.  Then I scrolled down further.  There they were...artist covers!  I love artist covers.  (I think fruitcake withdrawal has messed up my memory; I should have thought of them.  Less brandy on it next year perhaps.)

These covers by John V. Colasanti are wonderful.  Enjoy.  And if you like, visit John's eBay Store, The Purveyor of Needful Things. 

Which is your favorite?  I would pick Stan Laurel with his digitalis thumb!  He was born in 1890...to think he was on TV all the time when I was a kid.   Lincoln is cool, too.  I was NOT around then.











The more staid covers are very nice... here is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment