Friday, February 7, 2014

Enough with Tomatoes Already!

I am sick of collecting tomato articles from the 1800s.  The fact that I do not have a sunny yard in which to grow heirloom tomatoes has begun to nibble at my spirit as disastrously as a tomato hornworm chows down on your prized plant.  How is it my life path wandered down a vegetable garden barrens?  I just assumed I would have a lush garden and pull a wagon loaded down with squash and tomatoes up to the kitchen door every day!  Like wrinkles, I thought big gardens came with growing older.  Where am I going to gently putter when I am in my dotage for pity sake!? Where is the allotment system when you need it!?    Enough!

Have you read My Life on a Hillside Allotment by Terry Walton?  My car read it to me as I commuted...a vicarious allotment experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment