Friday, August 8, 2014

Hiram Sibley

Over the last year and a half I have found these trade cards on eBay.  Except for the backside illustration of the seed house and farming equipment I think they are really rather boring.  They are the stock trade card that could have been used by any business, underwear to undertaker! 

Because of my impression of the company formed by their trade card I hadn't looked into Hiram Sibley and his business.   Silly me!!

Hiram Sibley is a fascinating man.  He was from the same mold that many entrepreneurs come from...a super smart dude who gets bored with school and goes out and pursues several successful careers.  The game is the thing.  

Look at these cards.  I'll start posting on Sibley tomorrow.  It is summer...lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer...when blogs take second place to gardening.









No comments:

Post a Comment