Friday, May 23, 2014

Another Charming New Yorker Cover and Some Squished Bugs

The seeds that Mother Nature has scattered are always popping up in perfectly lovely combinations. I expect this cover seems a familiar pose to most anyone reading this now :-)


Here are two photos for which I recently assumed the lady-photographer-in-spring-pose to honor my garden which planted itself.  The violets are spreading near the side porch stoop.  Three years ago the yellow violets arrived from nowhere.   The lily have decided to line the walk to the front door. They are awfully tall things, over 6 feet, so you feel like you have shrunk when you walk there.  



My spring hobby is to crush the scarlet lily beetles and scrape off their eggs! 
I must say I am very good at it and the tiger lilies appreciate my care.


When they first arrived some 5 years ago, I thought they were so pretty.
Then they destroyed my lilies the next season.
Since then I have gotten my search and destroy moves down 
so I can sweep through the troops quickly.


When I am retired I can take the time to recycle their wing cases as something.  
Seems an awful waste of a great red!

No comments:

Post a Comment